Things are a little different at the New Bedford Whaling Museum as we offer you the chance to explore science, art, history, and culture, while keeping you and Museum staff and volunteers safe.
Wednesday – Sunday
10 am to 4 pm
Online ticketing and timed admissions
In an effort to better manage the flow of crowds and maximize the ability for you to social distance, the Museum has instituted a timed admission system. You will need to choose a two-hour block of time for your visit.
What to expect
- In addition to around-the-clock cleaning and disinfecting routines, the Museum has installed UV air purification systems throughout the building, which reduce the spread of viruses and bacteria in the air and on surfaces.
- A newly designed path through the Museum has been designed to allow the most space possible for visitors to social distance throughout their visit.
- Structural changes to the Museum’s entrance and exit have been made and protective plexiglass shields have been installed at key locations.
- The maximum capacity of the Museum is set at 125 people (25% of total capacity).
1. Face coverings required
2. Stay at least 6 feet away from others
3. Wash your hands or use sanitizing stations located throughout the Museum
4. Follow the new directional signs in the Museum
There may be travel restrictions in place due to COVID-19. Before you visit the Museum, please review any Massachusetts travel restrictions HERE.
We are here to answer any questions you might have leading up to your visit.
Call 508-997-0046 ext. 100