2017 New Bedford Folk Festival
Two full days of the best in contemporary, Americana, traditional, blues, and Celtic folk music. More than 50 artists will perform on seven stages throughout historic downtown New Bedford – ranging from the Zeiterion Performing Arts Center, the Cook Memorial Theater at the Whaling Museum, to the intimacy of the “Meet the Performer” area. In addition to the musical performances, the festival offers activities that are free and open to the public, including: Family Fun Tent, Food Court & Bar, and seven-block craft vendor marketplace!
Tickets and more information available at www.newbedfordfolkfestival.com.
Weekend & Single Day Passes can also be purchased in person at the Whaling Museum.
The Artisans’ Marketplace showcases the handcrafted work of many local artists as well as artisans from Maine to California and the International Bazaar offers high-quality, imported handcrafts, many of them Fair Trade, from around the globe.
Food is also a great part of the festival. From the street carts and the food court, to the restaurants in and around the festival, you can sample some of the tasty cuisine the area has to offer.
Presented by the Zeiterion Performing Arts Theater and hosted by the City of New Bedford, the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park and the New Bedford Whaling Museum, the New Bedford Folk Festival offers an exciting atmosphere with great music, beautiful arts and crafts and fun activities for the whole family.
Premium Weekend Pass (limited quantities) includes the following:
- Premium Pass laminate badge and lanyard
- Official festival t-shirt
- Access to the fully-air conditioned Premium Pass lounge with private restrooms
- Guaranteed priority seating at all mainstage performances at The Zeiterion
- Early access seating at all performances at the Whaling Museum Theater
- Discounts at our Food Vendors in our Food Court outside the Zeiterion Theatre
- Full access to entire Whaling Museum throughout the Festival Weekend
- Discounts at participating area restaurants and businesses (to be announced)
- More benefits as added