South Coast LGBTQ Network
The South Coast LGBTQ Network is a collaboration of LGBTQ groups and allied organizations in the South Coast community of Massachusetts working together to highlight issues and art surrounding LGBTQ people.
Local businesses, legislators, elected officials, volunteers and allied organizations in the South Coast communities of Massachusetts worked together to ensure the success of this nonprofit organization.
Our mission is to build and maintain a comprehensive support network for LGBTQ individuals and families across the age spectrum.
- Working with governmental, community-based organizations, and private entities to eliminate homophobia in our communities through education, advocacy, and outreach.
- Creating inter-generational opportunities for LGBTQ individuals to learn from one another through social, educational and community project interaction.
- Assessing, advocating, and supporting programming needs to ensure the safety and well-being of LGBTQ individuals in our community, such as housing, education, employment, and mental and physical health.
- Ensuring that LGBTQ individuals are treated with respect and dignity.
- Providing a central organizational home for the exchange of ideas and collaboration to improve the lives of LGBTQ South Coast residents.
Visit the South Coast LGBTQ Network website for more information.
New Bedford LGBTQ Winter Film Series
Film screenings and discussions on gender, race, sexuality, and community health
Last Sundays of January, February, March and April, 2019
New Bedford Whaling Museum
1 pm – 4 pm
Free and open to the public