114th Annual Members’ Meeting
Friday, May 19, 2017
Open to the membership and the public.
The New Bedford Port Society’s Official Grand Re-opening of the Mariners’ Home and Seamen’s Bethel
The Seamen’s Bethel and Mariners’ Home, owned and operated by the New Bedford Port Society, hold a place of honor in the annals of the rich maritime tradition of New Bedford. Thanks to the Waterfront Historic League (WHALE) and the Port Society, these regional treasures have recently been restored and their histories have been revitalized.
Annual Report to Members
• Vote to approve the Class of 2020 Trustees
• Vote to approve the 2017-2018 Slate of Officers
• Vote to approve amendments to the bylaws
Tour New Exhibitions:
• The Yanks are Coming: Selling the War “Over there” through American World War I Posters
• Four exhibits in the historic Mariners’ Home
• Celebrating Sippican: The Golden Age of Marion
• The Spray will Come Back: Solo Circumnavigator – Captain Joshua Slocum
• The Claus Hoie Collection