Registration is confirmed only when registration forms are complete, Museum membership is verified and non-refundable deposit is paid.
For more information about A Singularly Marine & Fabulous Produce: the Cultures of Seaweed click here.
New Bedford Whaling Museum Members’ Trips are a benefit of membership to the Museum and are open to Museum members only. To become a member click here
Registration links will be available on March 17, 2023. Registration for the trip is only confirmed after Museum membership is verified and the $500 non-refundable deposit is secured.
Members’ Trip to Paris/Brittany
September 17 – September 27, 2023
Join the New Bedford Whaling Museum, its members and Sagres Vacations as we embark on a 10-day trip to Paris and Brittany to remember!
The opening of our summer 2023 exhibition A Singularly Marine & Fabulous Produce; the Cultures of Seaweed inspires this trip. An exhibition centered around Seaweed Gatherers, created in Pont-Aven, France around 1870 by Fairhaven, Massachusetts native Clement Nye Swift.
During this trip, travelers will experience the myriad uses of seaweed, as art, a food source, and its industrial applications of this prevalent resource in the shoreline economy of France today.
Traveling for two (2) days in Paris and seven (7) in Brittany highlights of the trip include:
- Guided tours of Brest, Locronan, Pointe du Raz and Mont Saint-Michel
- Trips to the Musee d’orsay, the Oceanoplis Museum, Seaweed House Museum in Lanildut, Seaweed forests in the Iroise Sea and The Eco-museum of Plouguerneau
- Explorations (and tastings) at Seaweed and Oyster Farms
- Travel and tour with Dr. Naomi Slipp, NBWM's Douglas and Cynthia Crocker Endowed Chair for Chief Curator
- Roundtrip air travel from Boston to Paris
- Four (4) star accommodations
- Private transfers
- Twenty (20) meals
- Small group attention
Registration opens on March 17, 2023.