New Bedford Whaling Museum is committed to diversity among its employees and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
- Photographs and moving pictures (without flash or tripod) are permitted for private non-commercial use except where the “no photo” icon is displayed.
- Objects on loan from private collections or other institutions may not be photographed or filmed.
- The Museum reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withhold and/or withdraw permission to photograph or film on its premises.
- Members of the press or film industry must contact the Communications & Marketing Dept.
- All film crews, whether commercial or educational in nature, are required to complete the Museum’s Film and Video Production Application Form, downloadable here.
- Photography Disclaimer
- We do not collect domain or e-mail address information from visitors to our web pages.
- However, we do collect aggregate information on which pages customers access as well as information volunteered by the consumer, such as survey information and/or site registrations.
The New Bedford Whaling Museum will not sell, trade, or share personal information of our members and donors to any third party. The Museum abides by the industry-accepted Donor Bill of Rights and encourages its members and donors to contact the Development Office with any questions or concerns.
Social Media Content Submitted by the Public
- You are solely responsible for the content that you submit.
- By posting content, you allow the NBWM permission to use it for any educational, promotional, or other standard Museum purpose.
- You will not post any content that contains personal attacks, expletives, or is otherwise abusive, threatening, unlawful, harassing, discriminatory, obscene, or infringes on the rights of any third party.
- You will only post content that is yours or for which you have received permission from the person or entity that owns the content and the related intellectual property rights.
- You understand that the NBWM assumes no responsibility or liability arising from the posting of your content.
- You are not under the age of 13.
Contact With You
- If you do not want to receive e-mail from us in the future, please let us know by contacting us through e-mail, telephone or written correspondence.
- If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by contacting us through e-mail, telephone or written correspondence.
- From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice.
- If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check this page periodically.
- Customers may prevent their information from being used for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected by contacting us through e-mail, telephone or written correspondence.
- We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site. When transferring and receiving certain types of sensitive information (such as financial information), we redirect visitors to a secure server. The New Bedford Whaling Museum has appropriate security measures in place at our physical facilities to protect against the loss, misuse or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our site.
- If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us through e-mail (web AT whalingmuseum.org), telephone or written correspondence.
Last modified: October 19, 2018