Members’ only trip to the Azores
Terceira, Pico and Sao Miguel
September 5 – 15, 2022
Are you ready to experience a multi-island trip of a lifetime?
The New Bedford Whaling Museum is teaming up with Sagres Vacations to explore 3 of the Azorean islands in September of 2022! We all know that the current state of the world has made it difficult to think about travel; however, we are getting closer to a light at the end of the tunnel and are looking forward to experiencing the beautiful wonders of the Azores with you all!
September 5th through September 15th 2022
$4,299 per person, based on double occupancy
This amazing trip will include the following:
- Round-trip airfare from Boston through SATA airlines
- Domestic Air within the Azores Islands
- 2 Nights at 5 star Barcelo Angra Marina Hotel in Terceira Island with Breakfast Daily
- 2 Nights at 4 star Hotel Caravelas in Pico Island with Breakfast Daily
- 5 Nights at 5 star Grand Hotel Acores Atlantico in Sao Miguel Island with Breakfast Daily
- Private tours including:
- Whale Watching Excursion: opportunity to experience some of more than 25 cetacean species of the Azores with historical facts and information provided by our biologists!
- Whaling Museum Visit
- Terceira Island Tour: exploring the “hot spots” and “views” of the “lilac island”-known for its colorful and vibrant culture!
- Sete Cidades and Lagoa de Fogo Tour in Sao Miguel: two of the most popular “hot spots” of Sao Miguel, with beautiful lagoons, breathtaking viewpoints from extraordinary heights!
- Furnas Tour in Sao Miguel: Where you can experience a “Cozido”—lunch cooked in the boiling sulfur pools, in underground silos!
- And more!
- 16 Total Meals, including Welcome and Farewell Dinners—start and end the trip with an opportunity to sit back, enjoy the wonderful food choices and drink selections of the islands! Get to know one another and then reminisce about a wonderful trip at the end, before returning home!
- Airport Transfers in the Azores
- Round-Trip Bus Transfer from New Bedford Whaling Museum to Boston Logan Airport
- Services of Professional English-Speaking Guide(s).