Ocean Beats | A Beat Maker Project
*Beat Maker - A person who makes or produces instrumental music performed by instruments with no vocals.
Nature’s music is all around us. The William A. Watkins Collection of Marine Mammal Sound Recordings preserves recordings of various marine mammal species, collected over a span of seven decades.
Participate in the Ocean Beat project by listening to the marine mammal sounds linked on this site or directly in the Watkins collection, then, use them as inspiration to mix a whole new sound.
How to Submit to Ocean Beats:
- Listen to the sounds of different marine mammals provided on this page or find more marine animal sounds from the Watkins Schevill Collection here: https://cis.whoi.edu/science/B/whalesounds/
- Download your chosen sound and upload it to your preferred beat creation platform
- Mix and create
- Submit your new beat to: email@example.com
- Check back to the project to listen to music created by students just like you!
Other important submission information:
- Please include your name, city, and state in your submission. Please also tell us which file inspired your creation.
- Files must be under 25MB to send via email
- By submitting to the Ocean Beats project, you are giving the Museum permission to share your creation on the Museum's website, social media platforms, and other promotional materials