- Cultural Communities
- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Painting with a Splash
- Lifelong Learning Lecture Series
- Of Earth, Sea & Fire Symposium
- Where the Land Meets the Sea
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- 27th Annual Scrimshaw Weekend
- Painting with a Splash FOR KIDS
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Charles W. Morgan Visit
- Whaling History Symposium
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Past Programs 2012
New Year's Swingin' Eve 2012
A benefit to support the New Bedford Symphony Orchestra & the New Bedford Whaling Museum.
The Ellis Antique Show
New Bedford Whaling Museum at the Ellis Antique Show in Boston, including a presentation by President James Russell.
Samuel D. Rusitzky Lecture
Author Eric Jay Dolin discusses his latest book When America First Met China, an examination of China's introduction to early America.
New Bedford Glass Symposium
September 13-15, 2012. A splendid weekend of presentations, fine food, and activities.
Scrimshaw Weekend 2012
The annual Scrimshaw Weekend, held at the Whaling Museum since 1989, is the world's only regular forum for scrimshaw enthusiasts.
Programs revolving around our signature lectures series: Old Dartmouth Lyceum, Man and Whales, and the Sailors' Series.