- Digital Scholarship
- Book Signing: "The Art of the Con"
- Portuguese Short Film Festival
- Estate Planning Seminar
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- The Second Half: Fall Lecture Series
- Mindfulness for Busy People
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- Manhattan Short Film Festival
- Film Screening: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Festa, Fiesta, Fete: Celebrate NB Cultures
Thursday, September 11, 2014
5 p.m. – 8 p.m. FREE admission to select galleries.
Through a Portagee Gate from the memoir by Charles Reis Felix
At 6:30 p.m. Culture*Park Theater of New Bedford presented scenes from the upcoming regional tour of Two Portuguese-American Plays featuring excerpts from Amarelo by Paulo Pereira and Through a Portagee Gate by Patricia Thomas and adapted from the memoir by Charles Reis Felix. Commissioned by the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth’s Center for Portuguese Studies and Culture, the stylistically different plays dramatize the immigrant experience and protagonists' journey from Sao Miguel, Azores, and Setubal, Portugal, to New Bedford.
Admission to the performance was FREE and took place in the Whaling Museum Theater.