- Digital Scholarship
- Summer 2015 Family Programs
- Portuguese Short Film Festival
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- The Second Half: Fall Lecture Series
- Mindfulness for Busy People
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- Manhattan Short Film Festival
- Film Screening: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
The characters and action in Herman Melville’s great American novel are introduced in a program designed to capture the imagination and interest of all students. Whether they have read an abridged version or immersed themselves in the full-length novel, the Moby-Dick program enhances students' understanding of the adventures and trials of whaling.
Teachers are invited to work with us in setting the goals of the Moby-Dick program. Options include:
The tools and technology of whaling
Life aboard a "world-wandering whale-ship"
New Bedford in the time of Herman Melville
Suggested Pre-Visit Activity
Read a version of Moby-Dick