- Digital Scholarship
- The Second Half: Lectures
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- "Moby-Dick" theatrical performance
- 3rd Annual Haunted Whaleship
- Book Signing: "A Genius at His Trade"
- Film: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- Lecture Series: Whales in the Heart of the Sea
- Cartography Conference
- An Evening of Yoga & Music
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
The characters and action in Herman Melville’s great American novel are introduced in a program designed to capture the imagination and interest of all students. Whether they have read an abridged version or immersed themselves in the full-length novel, the Moby-Dick program enhances students' understanding of the adventures and trials of whaling.
Teachers are invited to work with us in setting the goals of the Moby-Dick program. Options include:
The tools and technology of whaling
Life aboard a "world-wandering whale-ship"
New Bedford in the time of Herman Melville
Suggested Pre-Visit Activity
Read a version of Moby-Dick