- Cultural Communities
- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Painting with a Splash
- Lifelong Learning Lecture Series
- Of Earth, Sea & Fire Symposium
- Where the Land Meets the Sea
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- Nautical Antiques Show
- 27th Annual Scrimshaw Weekend
- Painting with a Splash FOR KIDS
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Charles W. Morgan Visit
- Whaling History Symposium
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
ODHS 972A: Journal of Wilhelm Kromer
Steward onboard the bark Lagoda’s 1882 voyage out of New Bedford. Transcibed and translated by Library volunteer Peter Collins.
Logbook of the Ship Atkins Adams
William A. Abbe's whaling journal kept aboard the 1858 voyage of the Ship Atkins Adams transcribed by Library volunteer Bill Wyatt.
Introduction to Whaling Logbooks and Journals
A detailed explanation of the things that are found in typical whaling logbook or journal entries, written by Museum intern Rachel Adler.
Digital Asset Management
Improving our methods of processing, describing, and preserving digital content.
A hypertext, annotated edition of Herman Melville’s work The Encantadas; or, Enchanted Isles (1856) that aims to create a simple, direct reading/teaching interface.