- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Dialog with Dr. Darder
- Presidents' Day & February Vacation
- Of Earth, Sea & Fire Symposium
- Where the Land Meets the Sea
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Scrimshaw Weekend
- Annual Events
- Charles W. Morgan Visit
- Whaling History Symposium
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Nautical Chart 00.222.317
Blunt's New Chart of Atlantic or Western Ocean
Edm. M. Blunt, 1826
Chart drawn from Spanish, French, and English authorities depicting the area from the equator to Latitude 71 degrees and 40 feet North and longitude 31 degrees 45 feet East to Longitude 91 degrees West. Includes tracks of U.S. ships, President, United States, and Congress from June 1812 to September 1813 in addition to tracks of various unknown vessels from Florida to Europe following the gulf stream and returning.
Click here for a complete listing of the Museum's Map and Chart Collection.
Instructions for viewing images using zoom-and-pan function
- Click on the image to zoom in. Repeated clicks on the image offer a closer view. Please note the image may look a little fuzzy as it loads in. Click on the image and drag your mouse to move left, right, up, or down to view specific details.
- Use your keyboard keys A and Z to zoom in and out and the keyboard arrow keys to move left, right, up, or down.
Using the Navigation Bar
- Use the arrows on the navigation bar below the image to zoom in, zoom out, move left, up, down, right, or reload the image to its original size.
- Drag the slider, found at the top of the toolbar, to zoom in and out.