- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Dialog with Dr. Darder
- Presidents' Day Birthday Celebration
- Of Earth, Sea & Fire Symposium
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Scrimshaw Weekend
- Annual Events
- Charles W. Morgan Visit
- Whaling History Symposium
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Nautical Chart 00.222.024
South Atlantic Ocean with Details of St. Helena, Table and False Bays, Stanley Harbor, Rio De Janeiro, and Pernambuco
Charles Wilson, Publisher, London, 1857
Chart appears to have been owned by Captain J.T. Sherman (1845-1916) of New Bedford, master of the Swallow (Bark) and James Arnold (Ship). Annotations include voyages of 1869, 1874, 1879, 1883, in addition to voyage tracks of the ships Phocion, 1852, and Mount Wallaston, 1862, John A. Coffin, Master.
Click here for a complete listing of the Museum's Map and Chart Collection.
Instructions for viewing images using zoom-and-pan function
- Click on the image to zoom in. Repeated clicks on the image offer a closer view. Please note the image may look a little fuzzy as it loads in. Click on the image and drag your mouse to move left, right, up, or down to view specific details.
- Use your keyboard keys A and Z to zoom in and out and the keyboard arrow keys to move left, right, up, or down.
Using the Navigation Bar
- Use the arrows on the navigation bar below the image to zoom in, zoom out, move left, up, down, right, or reload the image to its original size.
- Drag the slider, found at the top of the toolbar, to zoom in and out.