- Cultural Communities
- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Painting with a Splash
- Lifelong Learning Lecture Series
- Of Earth, Sea & Fire Symposium
- Where the Land Meets the Sea
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- 27th Annual Scrimshaw Weekend
- Painting with a Splash FOR KIDS
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Charles W. Morgan Visit
- Whaling History Symposium
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Search and Destroy: Sperm Whale Echolocation
The Te Papa Museum in New Zealand has created a vivid, color animation that depicts how sperm whales find and capture their food in the dark depths of the ocean.
Marine Mammals Manage Decompression (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution, WHOI)
How do marine mammals, whose very survival depends on regular diving, manage to avoid decompression sickness (DCS) or “the bends.”? Do they, indeed, avoid it?
Whale’s Treasure – Tales from Te Papa Episode 54
This episode from the Te Papa Museum in New Zealand explains how ambergris is made, how it finds its way into the ocean and how to do a quick test to find out if your beach discovery is indeed ambergris.