- Digital Scholarship
- The Second Half: Lectures
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- "Moby-Dick" theatrical performance
- 3rd Annual Haunted Whaleship
- Book Signing: "A Genius at His Trade"
- Film: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- Lecture Series: Whales in the Heart of the Sea
- Cartography Conference
- An Evening of Yoga & Music
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Portraits of a Port: New Bedford Navigates the World
Exhibition Ended January 7th, 2013
In celebration of New Bedford’s role as a great maritime center, the Whaling Museum presented a long-term exhibition devoted to our historic relationship to the sea. Included in this exhibition in the Ashley Gallery were important artifacts and paintings from the Native American, African-American, Portuguese, and European communities that memorialized their important contributions to the region’s past.
Photograph by Frank C. Grace