- Cultural Communities
- Digital Scholarship
- 25th Annual Sailors’ Series
- Lifelong Learning Lecture Series
- Where the Land Meets the Sea
- Watkins Bioacoustics Symposium
- Nautical Antiques Show
- 27th Annual Scrimshaw Weekend
- A Grateful Dead Yoga Experience
- Painting with a Splash FOR KIDS
- Right Whale Day
- April Vacation Week
- Over the Top Summer Gala
- Members’ Trip to Porto, Portugal
- Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
Climb Aboard a Whaleship Fo’c’sle
The Fo'c'sle is currently closed in preparation for the building construction.
A full-scale reproduction of the forward section of a whaleship (forecastle), provided a realistic, hands-on experience of what life at sea was like for crew, both below and above decks.
Photo by George Comer, Schooner Era, 1980.37.198.