- Digital Scholarship
- The Second Half: Lectures
- WJEC Grand Opening Celebrations
- "Moby-Dick" theatrical performance
- 3rd Annual Haunted Whaleship
- Book Signing: "A Genius at His Trade"
- Film: "Most Likely to Succeed"
- Lecture Series: Whales in the Heart of the Sea
- Cartography Conference
- An Evening of Yoga & Music
- The GAEA Summit
- Annual Family Activities
- Community Programs
- Annual Events
- Moby-Dick Marathon
- Past Programs
New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park
Visitor Center on Williams Street
The Museum collaborates with the New Bedford Whaling National Historical Park on a variety of projects with the shared goal of educating the public on the importance of New Bedford's whaling history while preserving the historic fabric of the Whaling Museum's facilities. According to the National Park Service, this partnership results in Museum becoming a "compelling destination that preserves and interprets the American whaling industry and its global influence through an exemplary national model of partnership and community collaboration."
Collaboration between the Museum and Park Service runs the gamut from programs and exhibitions to field trips and digital interactives. Notable projects include: